The Sunday Times Oxford Literary Festival (Sat March 24th-Sun April 1st)
For earlier events at The Sunday Times Oxford Literary Festival please see our March listings.
Sunday 1st April
- Safari Stories: Storytelling and Craft with Lollipop and Grandpa, 2pm, ages 3-7. Come and listen to author, broadcaster and storyteller Penelope Harper tell stories about Little Lollipop and her Grandpa, then help her make and decorate a giant garden for Lollipop and Grandpa.
- Wildlife Tales: Sky Hawk and My Favourite Animals, 2pm, age 8+. Steve Bloom, wildlife photographer, and Gill Lewis, author of the children’s novel Sky Hawk, offer a double presentation for lovers of animals and birds about the creatures that have inspired their work.
- The Joy of Writing, Reading and Cartwheels, 12pm, age 9+. Katherine Rundell is the author of The Girl Savage. Come along and hear her talk about how books are made.
- The Scarrow Brothers’ Great Big Roman Quiz, 2pm age 10+. Simon Scarrow (Gladiator: Streetfighter) and Alex Scarrow (Time Riders: Gates of Rome) join forces to talk about the latest books in their adventure series. This is followed by a high-octane, dynamic Great Big Roman Quiz.
- Blue Peter Book Award, 4.30pm, age 7+. The four shortlisted authors in the Blue Peter Book of the Year Award will tell you about their outstanding books (Liz Kessler, Gareth P Jones, Simon Hart and Amanda Askew.)
NB The first 50 Blue Peter badgeholders, accompanied by a paying adult, can have free places to this event (code 914) if they book by phone on 0870 343 1001, give the code BLUE PETER and show their badge at the venue.
Songs, Secrets and Stinky Socks: Sir Charlie Returns, 12pm, ages 5-7. Join bestselling author/illustrator Kristina Stephenson for storytelling based on her latest book Sir Charlie Stinky Socks and the Tale of the Terrible Secret.
- Tue 3rd-Sat 7th Apr, Birmingham Town Hall. David Wood’s adaptation of Judith Kerr’s much loved book The Tiger Who Came to Tea.
- Wed 4th-Thu 5th Apr. Harrogate Theatre, North Yorkshire. Julia Donaldson’s Tiddler and Other Terrific Tales is brought to the stage by Scamp Theatre (the team behind the wonderful Stick Man tour).
- Thu 12th-Sat 14th Apr. Harrogate Theatre, North Yorkshire. Don’t miss Freehand Theatre’s new show Little Red …You Know Who!